Sunday, August 24, 2008

Jenny at Fort Knox for Family Weekend June 2008


In June Nick was given a weekend pass from the base at Fort Knox. They were allowed to have a family member sign them out and take them off base. Jenny, Nick's fiancee at the time, went to visit Nick for his Family weekend. It was this weekend that they decided to firm up their plans for marriage and start planning their future together!



Nick had been on base with no sign of civilian life for two and half months. As soon as he and Jenny drove off the base he called me. I asked him where he was....he said Dairy Queen! After months of the food at the lunch line I was curious what he was going to order...He said "Mom, it doesn't matter what I order....the point is that I am at a Dairy Queen!" He was so happy to see Jenny and to have those little things that we all take for granted every day.












1 comment:

TheAlfonsos said...

I love those pics - thanks for posting them. I called Nick last night and they had already gone past El Paso on their way to Georgia - they were making good time. Can't wait to see them again.